Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts - Moscow
Are you a business owner in Moscow?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Moscow.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts
The Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow has the largest collection of world art from antiquity to the present day. It is considered to be one of the best museums in the world and is a source of great pride for the Russian capital.
The Pushkin Museum was founded in 1898 on the initiative of Professor Ivan Vladimirovich Tsvetaeva at Moscow State University. He became its first director. Originally, the museum presented plaster casts of many famous cultural relics from all over Europe. After the revolution the collection was replenished with paintings from private collections.
Visitors to the museum can appreciate the incredible beauty of world renowned works ranging from paintings to decorative arts to sculpture. The museum's collection includes authentic antique amphora, Egyptian mummies, ancient sarcophagi, stelae, paintings by Botticelli, Rembrandt, Canaletto, the work of Impressionist and Post-Impressionists, and much more.
The Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts is divided into themed rooms, making it easy for visitors to walk through and enjoy various forms of ancient and modern art. Specific rooms are dedicated to ancient Egypt and Greece, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and so on.
The Museum has a colourful history and none more so than during the Second World War when all the museum's exhibits were withdrawn for safety and the building had to be significantly restored following significant German bombing.
Today the Museum is actively collaborating with leading research institutions around the world, regularly hosting exhibitions from other museums in the U.S. and Europe. Recently the Museum Center 'Museyon' was opened and targeted towards the education of children and youths. Here children have the opportunity to meet and be inspired by artists and musicians. The Pushkin museum is home to a significant research library and restoration workshop.
Within the vicinity, visitors will also find the Moscow State Art Gallery of People's Artist of USSR Alexander Shilov, the International Centre of the Roerichs and the Russian State Library.
You may also like
Art Deco Museum
In December, 2014, the first private Art Deco Museum in Russia opened in the former mansion of Imperial Mint on the Luzhnetskaya Embankment. The founder of the museum, Mk
International School of Moscow
ISM is now accepting applications from expat families to looking to prepare kids for top international universities, while building character, developing leadership, entr
Artplay is a centre focused on modern architecture and hosts different events devoted to design, modern interior and architectural concepts.............
VDNKH All-Russian Exhibition Centre
VDNKH is a huge complex of pavilions, with a total area covering over one hundred and thirty square meters. It is the largest exhibition centre in Moscow.........
The building of "Big Manege" was constructed in 1817 by the order of Alexander I. It was to symbolize the victory of Russians in "Patriotic War of 1812".............
Radisson Royal Moscow
All year round navigation -365 days a year. The Radisson Royal Flotilla yachts are state-of-the-art river yachts-restaurants meant for excursion and entertainment cruise
Moscow Cats Theatre
Yuri Kuklachev's Cat Theatre, which was established in 1990, settled in the former "Prizyv" cinema building, located on Kutuzovsky Prospekt (avenue). Yuri Kuklachev and h
The Nicholas Roerich Museum
The Nicholas Roerich Museum is situated in the very heart of Moscow, on the territory of the Lopoukhins' ancient city estate. It hardly resembles other art museums and ga
HAPPYLON Magic Park
One of Moscow’s largest indoor amusement parks, HAPPYLON Magic Park comprises 650 square meters of pure fun. 15 head-spinning rides, over 200 arcade machine, “Dragon
The State Tretyakov Gallery
The State Tretyakov Gallery has a unique collection of fine art in Moscow. It was founded thanks to Pavel Tretyakov in 1856, who dedicated most of his life to collecting