Moscow: 2–Hour Legendary Bolshoi Theatre Historical Tour13 Reviews
Visit Moscow's Bolshoi Theatre, the temple of ballet. Take the unique opportunity to see the historical building after the grand renovation, have a close look at the Tsars' box, learn some of the theatre's secrets and even get a peek behind the scenes.
- See the legendary historical stage where famous Russian ballets were first performed
- Enter the Presidential box, once belonging to the Tsars
- Watch a rehearsal of a ballet
- Walk through the Emperial dining and dancing rooms
DescriptionMeet your guide at your hotel and head to the theatre. Marvel at the magnificent facade of the grand Bolshoi Theatre. Enter the main hall and admire a 6–tier auditorium elaborately decorated with crimson and gold embellishments. Receive an insightful introduction to the theatre's turbulent history, hearing of the fires and neglect that threatened to destroy the building forever. If the time is right, you may even get to see some ballet before the first night! Admire the pristine renovations as you see box seats once reserved for Russian emperors, and visit the Royal Foyer, a resting place for emperors during performance intervals. Listen to legends surrounding the incredible acoustics and then return to the entrance to bid your private guide a fond farewell.
IncludesPrivate guide in Russian Translator Entrance fee Photo permit Paid pick-up €15 per group, unlimited amount of people Gratuities (optional)
- Please note that you are allowed to take photos of everything except rehearsals
- Seeing the rehearsals is not guaranteed, as the theater reserves the right to change the schedule without notifications
- Please be aware that you will be informed about the exact starting time by the tour operator after booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY