My Guide Website?
Moscow: Gulag Museum Tour with Private Guide
Visit the Gulag History Museum with a private guide. Learn about the dark side of the USSR's past.
- Learn about the gulags, one of the darkest pages from Russian history
- Ask questions about life in the Soviet Union to your private expert guide
- See original artifacts from people who passed through the camps
- Listen to stories from dozens of former prisoners of the gulags
DescriptionYour guide will meet you at your hotel and you will take you by metro to the Gulag History Museum. The Gulag Museum is a must-do when in Moscow, especially to get an understanding of Soviet life and politics in the USSR. You will visit the main exhibition of the museum with your guide, and learn about the system of correctional labor camps known as “gulags”. You will be able to trace the development of the gulags from the 1930s-1950s. You will also come to understand the administrative and economic role of the gulags in the USSR. You will see many items from people who passed through the camps and prisons, and who died in captivity after being judged for fabricated cases. At the end of your visit, your guide will escort you to the closest metro station.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Gulag Museum Public transportation to the museum Tour of the main exhibition with a private guide Transportation after the museum visit
- Some stories from the Gulag Museum may have a strong emotional impact
- Your guide will pick you up at your hotel, if it is located within Moscow's 3rd transportation ring. You'll go together to the museum by metro.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now